View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diamide
Veteran

re: SoO Norushen

Norushen 

Basic Idea: 
The raid starts with 75 corruption, which lets them do only 25% damage to the Amalagam of Corruption 
in the middle of the room. They are cleansed by taking one of the four orbs and completing a “Trial”. 

Successful completion of the trial (or partial thereof) will reduce a person’s corruption to 0 (or close to if 
partially successful). When the majority of the raid is cleansed, the raid will burn the Almalgam and win. 

The DPS trial creates Manifestations (big add) and Essences (small adds). When Manifestations die, they 
leave behind a crystal which pulses until someone picks it up, increasing a player’s corruption. 

Strategy: 
We will send down 6 waves of 4 individuals to cleans themselves. The waves will look like this. 
1. Tank / Healer / DPS / DPS 
2. DPS / Healer / DPS / DPS 
3. DPS / Healer / Tank / DPS 
4. DPS / DPS / Healer / DPS 
5. Healer / DPS / DPS / Healer 
6. DPS / DPS / DPS / Healer 
The number of DPS being sent down is clearly 2-3-2-3-2-3. This will make sure we don’t get overwhelmed by Manifestation up top. The placement of the healers and tanks will also ensure one Orb isn’t out of sync with a wave for long (since DPS are faster). 

· Ranged DPS should kill the small adds in their trial, then the big add. 
· Melee should kill the big add, then the small adds. 

· Multidotters should be focusing on the Essences that Spawn. 
· Single Target DPS should be on Manifestations and Essences and not worry about The
Amalgamation for the first 2 minutes. 

Manifestation crystals should be picked up by healers, tanks and the NEXT team to go down. 

The fight should start with no cleaving, but pick up after 2 minutes in. We need to be careful with this because we could EASILY get 4 manifestations later on in the fight (3 from DPS portals, 1 from passing a 
10% boundary). 

After a respectable amount of DPS, if not all, is at low corruption, we’ll lust and burn the boss. 

Notes: 
Draw has been removed from Normal and Heroic Mode. Because of this, we will not forbid cleaving like 
we did on PTR. This means that starting at 50% will will be getting additional Manifestations every 10%. The Heroic Strategy is completely different. The fight itself is very different. 

What has eight legs, three eyes, and a nose that spits deadly mucus? Doesn’t matter, just kill it in the face and take its stuff.
Pezzy-Turalyon

Thanks for these..they should be really helpful!  I guess one thing I was noticing is that most strats send 1 DPS and 1 Healer/Tank per pair of orbs to limit the adds from DPS test.  As well, it looks like most ppl try to have the whole raid cleansed by the time the boss gets to 50%  

Things to think about I guess.

-Pezzy

This one pager posted by our fearless leader up in the SoO strat post seems pretty nice(?)  In particular the test realm order??

one thing to remember with these is that the notes are directed toward 25 man raiding. adjustments will be needed for 10 man. just giving glimpse on how we deal with stuff in massacre. and yes ideally you want everyone cleansed by 50% but flex is more forgiving than normal and heroic.

What has eight legs, three eyes, and a nose that spits deadly mucus? Doesn’t matter, just kill it in the face and take its stuff.
|Gracïe|
GM

It actually is a 10 man one page guide - but I get what you're saying.

@Dia - Right, it's why I was looking at what some 10-man strats looked like.  

@Kay - That's why I thought it was good and could be something we could implement, but I leave those decisions to the raid organizers and the ones with more experience :-)

Jump to: