View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blamblegam
Raid Leader

re: Stone Lords 3/20

Hey guys,

Outstanding work last night getting this boss dead. Even though we mostly outgear the hell out of this content, it was good to get the group together and learn the coordination required to pull this kind of fight off. Accomplishing it with less than a full group speaks to this a great deal as well, so great work.

Also, thanks to Maxi for suggesting we run this content, and for the input throughout the evening. This is immensely more productive than LFR in my opinion.

That being said, do feel free to find time to run LFR for Throne of Thunder and/or Siege of Orgrimmar for the time being. Learn the fights, get some free loot, and we'll get there ourselves in fairly short order I think.

I wanted to put my thoughts about tanking this fight down in words to help me synthesize the information a bit better, and help others understand what I was frantically swearing about when I screwed up the swap calls or missed a taunt last night...

Basically, the taunt priority works like this:

- Pull > 1 on one side, 2 on the other.

- one of the mobs casts the petrification spell ~ 5 seconds in

- Whoever has the petrifying statue taunts over the lowest energy of the other two statues. This may require a swap to get the higher energy statue out of the pile to "cool off"

- If a non-petrifying mob is gaining energy and gets high (and the other one is lower), call a swap to prevent a full-strength explosion.

- Petrifying statue eventually overloads, doing minimal damage and clearing their debuff

- New mob casts petrification spell. We taunt to make sure it is standing next to the one that just exploded.

- Repeat until they fall down

Anyone have anything to add to this? I think this is basically where I was at calling that fight. There was a lot of new information flying at me, plus an unfamiliar tanking class (healers: I am pretty sure you carried me last night, I was failing pretty hard at mitigating damage!).

It felt really good to pull it off in the end. Thanks again everyone for coming out and sticking through as many wipes as you could. I look forward to our next outing as a team!

-B

Blamblegam
Raid Leader

Nice work on the second kill everyone!

Here is an artist's rendition of our success:

Elleiana

These are epic.

Sardonica_ffs
Officer

Not bad Thid

I can't find any of his old artwork in my stuff, but Cam might have some from an old harddrive

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Resurgent Forum Index -> Raids All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: