View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diamide
Veteran

re: SoO Galakras

Galarkas 

Basic Idea: 
If you did Battle for Mount Hyjal, you’ve done this boss. It’s waves of adds where you have to do things 
to get through it, followed by a mechanically simple boss. The adds include an assortment of mini- 
bosses, 2 on the ground (waves 3 and 7) and 2 in the tower (4 and 8). 

The transition from Phase 1 to Phase 2 occurs when both towers have been cleared and Galakras is shot out of the sky by both guns firing on him simultaneously. There are 8 waves. 

Strategy: 
Phase 1 
We have a bunch of NPCs on this fight that supposedly do stuff, but really just get in the way. We need 
to make sure they don’t die (which is very easy for them to do). 

The adds always come down the central pipe. They are fairly non descript and you just have to worry about a few things. This phase is cleaves, cleaves and more cleaves. 
· Totem and Banner Stomp 
· If the Bonecrushers are running to cast Fracture (always on an NPC, which destroys their HP), stun them immediately. 
· Don’t stand in fire on the ground from the archer’s arrows. 
· 
When the Demolisher comes down, it is the HIGHEST kill priority. Towers can’t be cleared so long as it’s 
alive. 2 Demolishers will be killed. 

Protodrakes are have a damage cone, and tiny hit boxes. 

The first Ground Miniboss (Korgra) drops poison on the ground. Just don’t stand in it. 
The second Ground Minboss (Thranok) hooks 10 people in, and kills them if they’re in within 10 yards a 
few second later (so run out). 

Dealing with the Towers 
The tower teams will be comprised of 9 DPS, 1 tank, and 2 healers. Everything will get pulled to the top and cleaved onto the miniboss up to. 

The minibosses are very simple. You need to stand ULTRA close to them. The both of a conal ability that absolutely cannot hit you. The first miniboss knocks you off, the second one kills you. PAY ATTENTION TO WHICH WAY THEY ARE FACING. 

Phase 2 
The boss is relatively simple. The raid is in two stacks, to the right and left of the tail. The trick to the 
phase is making Flames of Galarkond are alternating between groups (or nearly between groups). We’ll 
call for a marked person to move to the right or left group if necessary to control this. 

We will lust this phase at 40% 

What has eight legs, three eyes, and a nose that spits deadly mucus? Doesn’t matter, just kill it in the face and take its stuff.
Talsbard_1

re: 2nd Phase

Ok, not sure how often these forums are looked at but figured I would throw some discussion into this fight.

1) From what I can tell we have to do everything we can to make sure we do not sacrifice dps for the satisfaction of wiping the buff. This fight seems to have a very difficult soft enrage to deal with which its toughness is directly proportionate to its length of time dealing with it.

2) I have been looking at a lot of strats trying to figure out how to control who gets the fireball and maybe it was mentioned last night and I missed it but here is what I found. 

- We attempted part of this last night as far as I can tell.  Split into 2 groups one on the left of the tail and the other on the right.  Make sure ranged is stacked with melee.  There is no reason to have them separated since the fireball doesn't prefer one over the other. 

- Here is the part I may have missed.  Control which group the fireball is going to.  For example, we will call the two groups Left and Right.  We decide we always want the first fireball to hit the Left group first.  The fireball is flung out and targets someone in the left group who steps slightly behind the group so that it is soaked and does less damage.  Next someone is targeted in the right group and they do the same thing in their group.   Butttttt,  the next person who is targeted is in the right group but we want the left group hit so that person would run over behind the left group and take the hit.  I would assume they would again run over to the right group and they would be one of the only people having a few higher stacks since they will be hit again but it shouldn't ever go over 3 doing that.  This way we control the fireballs and take the random aspect out of them.  We should just have someone on Mumble constantly calling out and clarifying who the next group is and also inform the person who is targeted to get there now.

These are just some of my thoughts and I hope to see it down soon.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Resurgent Forum Index -> Raids All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: